Loss of 500 Crores Every Month
Loss of 500 Crores Every Month:-
When will guests come to hotels, loss of 500 crores every month. Corona virus has given a big blow to the entire economy of the country. There is no industry that has not been affected by this, but the hotel industry is one of the few businesses that have been affected the most by this transition. Hotel industry worth crores in Uttar Pradesh is running completely closed at this time. Thousands of people working here are sitting in their homes. A large number have become unemployed.
loss of crores:-
If the figures of Uttar Pradesh Hotel and Restaurant Association are to be believed, then the number of members associated with this organization alone in the state is more than 5500. It includes many small and big restaurants as well as 5 star and 7 star hotels. According to an estimate 50 to 60 lakh people are directly and indirectly connected with this industry. Under the current circumstances, this industry is incurring a loss of Rs 350 to 500 crores every month. Which is almost certain to take at least 1 to 2 years to return.
Business loss is up to 90%
60% of the business of the hotel industry is dependent on other events like weddings. Whereas 40% is run by the corporate client. Kunal Amarnani, managing director of Comfort Hotel Vista, says that corporate has got used to online meetings and work from home. So if we think that this business will become normal after the second web of Corona is over, then it is not so at all.
These are the Expectations From the Central and State Government
- Sarvesh Goel, partner of ‘The Centrum’, says that both the central and state government have equal roles in giving momentum to this industry again. This industry also has high expectations from them.
- The central government should reduce the interest rate of loans related to this industry. Businessmen also need to give relaxation in the time limit. With this, businessmen will be able to repay their loan easily when the conditions become normal.
- The proposal regarding declaring the hotel as an industry with the state government is pending for a long time. The state government is requested to think in this direction. The decision of the government will bring great relief to the businessmen associated with this industry.
- The industry has come to a complete standstill. Bar license and other fees have been taken by the state government. There is a demand from the government that during the period in which the industry was kept closed, the fee for that time should be further adjusted.
- The outbreak of corona infection has reduced a bit here. In such a situation, it is expected that soon decisions will be taken at the government level regarding the opening of industries. There is a demand of this industry that sometimes the government decides the number of people present in the events. It should not be done.
- Sarvesh Goel says that there are many such venues which are very big and many venues are also small. In view of these circumstances, the reason for determining the number of people in the events should be set according to the area. For example, if there is a specified square feet area, then up to a specified number of people can join.