Points to be careful about while booking a wedding venue
The wedding date is set, the relatives are all hyped up, now it’s on your shoulders to match up to their expectations, in your budget. It clearly is not easy. The worst part is that oftentimes there are hidden costs you are not aware of and some services that you expected to be included in the package is an ad-on.
To ensure you don’t have to go through this, here are a few checkpoints that you need to keep in mind before you book your wedding venue–
- Have a clear estimate about the number of people that will be present for the event. This will be the deciding factor for the venue as per your budget and the package you opt for.
- Ask for all sorts of details on what the package shortlisted includes and it’s meant for how many people. Check if housekeeping, catering, parking, electricity, DJ, and other services are included as well.
- Make a list of additional services you will require when the package is decided. It could be theme based decoration or a bigger dance floor.
- Ask the wedding venue management for a detailed description of the space. It is necessary to find the most suitable option of all.
- Decide the menu beforehand and compare which catering system fits your need as per the seating arrangement and the budget. It could be per plate charge system or based on the number of estimated guests. Do you want live counters or waiters to serve? Decide it and let the management know about it.
- Consider looking at the floor plans to have an idea of how the seating arrangement may look like, you do not want your guests sitting far apart or clustered together.
- Are drinks involved? Well in that case ask them if they have a liquor license, just to be on the safer end.